Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Manuscript submitted for layout

Today there was a flurry of work on the book! 
I was finally able to submit the manuscript to the publisher after two years of revisions and much editing.  I also completed work on the press release and made some key choices about inner layout.  Building a book is a long and involved process, but will be worth the effort if it helps even one person who must make the journey that John and I are making.
One element of writing and publishing this book which has been very enjoyable has been contacting other authors who have written about caregiving.  They are a special group of people and I very much appreciate each one.  One of my new author friends said, "Writing a book is one thing.  Finishing a book is quite another!"  She is so right.
Hopefully, I will soon figure out how to add other authors' links to this blog so any reader will be able to get to know their great work in spreading the word about LBD and/or good caregiving information. Writing the book and setting up this blog has been a learning process for me and has been part of what I have done to keep myself intellectually stimulated while caregiving.  It has been healthy and good on many levels.
Next comes work on the cover pictures and consultations to nail down every detail of inner layout work.
I am very eager to get this book out, so I hope the rest of the process will go quickly.

1 comment:

  1. We'll see if we can get a higher resolution image of the cover photo - working on that right after sending this! Great work and looking forward to holding a copy of this book in my hands.

    ReplyDelete